Join Our Team
Understanding and Enhancing User Experience in Technical Software Interfaces
(2+ yrs experience)
(Less than 25%)
Associate’s Degree Accepted
The UI/UX Designer will develop and enhance the user experience on technology software associated to the company’s security and surveillance product line. In this role, the designer will engage with the end-user to gather user requirements in order to create effective graphic elements and navigation components. To be successful in this role, a candidate should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications.
The UX/UI Designer should have strong coding skills and be well-versed in current Web standards, including best practices for usability and accessibility. Both areas require a good eye for design and close attention to detail.
In this role, the designer will create both functional and appealing features that address our customers’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers of various disciplines
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Produce high quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Test and optimize user interface for intuitiveness and experience
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Working with marketing department on management of corporate website
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Experience with HTML5 & CSS3
- Experience with Java, C++, C a plus
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science or relevant field preferred