Join Our Team
Seismic analysis and data acquisition system deployment
(1-3 yrs experience)
(More than 50%)
Master’s degree preferred
Quantum Technology Sciences is seeking applicants capable of optimizing a large scale geophysical monitoring system. This multi-year effort requires an aspiring geophysicist willing to spend significant time in the field providing scientific consultation on performance optimization to the Senior Site Lead.
The candidate will also enjoy growth opportunities executing scientific investigations, performing analysis of large and complex geophysical datasets using our proprietary analysis systems, as well as developing algorithms and/or data processing methodologies for applications within the security & surveillance industry.
Quantum’s systems serve a broad range of security and surveillance applications, ranging in size from channel counts in the thousands to a channel count of one. Our systems are completely autonomous, performing all computational and informational processing on the edge.
A foundational earth science degree or equivalent experience is required with documented exposure to geophysics. Other requirements include proficient oral and written communication skills, comfort working within a team environment interfacing with technical staff, ability to take direction, stay on task, and adhere to cost and schedule constraints.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS and/or MS in seismology, geophysics, physics, or a related signal analysis field
- Experience in digital signal processing
- Experience in Unix or Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in MatLab, or related
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills
- Enjoyment of outdoor work
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Federal security clearance