Join Our Team
Focus on infrastructure and information technology
(More than 50%)
An Engineering Technologist is a specialist dedicated to the implementation of Quantum’s technology in application to the Cross Border Tunnel Threat program. The engineering technologist will work with infrastructure and systems engineers by applying basic engineering principles and technical skills. The engineering technologist will also work closely with site leads and support meeting site installation objectives. The position will focus on the portion of the technological spectrum closest to installation, training, and engineering operational functions.
In general, the work of the engineering technologists focuses on the applied and practical application of engineering principles. The ability to work independently or with a team to develop innovative solutions to challenging technical problems is essential.
Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to analyze systems and manage technical tasks is important in this job, and field engineers need the technical and analytical skills to carry these tasks out effectively
- Use logic to solve issues and develop more efficient systems
- Self-starter, highly organized, persistent, and with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communications and professional demeanor
- Strong team player who accepts and follows direction
- Strong interpersonal skills working directly with customers at customer’s work sites
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of installation, troubleshooting, testing, and repairing network-based sensor systems
- Ability to perform installation compliance and quality inspections
- Understanding of right-of-way, DOT, and local municipal permitting.
- Evaluating data to make sound decisions, with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Able to follow telecommunications industry standards, practices, and regulations pertaining to the installation and testing of fiber optic OSP facilities.
- Technical ability to support installation activities of field deployable systems
- Reasonable proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, etc.) and other software of similar Complexity
- Experience with parts supply/inventory management and operation and maintenance, especially field deployed –based systems
- A minimum of a high school diploma or high school equivalent is required. Associate degree in engineering discipline or equivalent technical certifications are preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance